GROW YOUR BUSINESS IN ANGOLA
Have an enterprise level payroll department and a HRMS with Employee Self-Service at a per employee cost
Full Payroll Outsourcing
Hybrid Payroll Outsource
International Payment Management
Social Security Filing
Interact with Local Authorities
Human Resources Management System
Integration with all Accounting and Third Party
Praxima Services Include
Benefits of outsourcing to Praxima
Local Tax Compliance
Secure Data Transferring
Running Your Payroll
Focus on Your
Outsource your Angolan payroll to Praxima
In Angola, companies are required to ensure that their payroll complies with the county's tax rules such as payin the Individual Income Taxes, Social Security, Consumption Taxes, Withholding Taxes and more. Income taxes are levied on a sliding scale from 5% - 17% on all income earned locally. Foreign earnings are exempted from tax, unless the company has a registered entity in Angola. All payments to employees must be made from an In-Country bank account.
TAX RATES | 2022
AOA: Tax Rates:
0 - 70,000 Exempt
70,001 - 100,000 3,000 + 10% upon the excess of 70,000
100,001 - 150,000 6,000 + 13% upon the excess of 100,000
150,001 - 200,000 12,500 + 16% upon the excess of 150,000
200,001 - 300,000 31,250 + 18% upon the excess of 200,000
300,001 - 500,000 49,250 + 19% upon the excess of 300,000
500,001 - 1,000,000 87,250 + 20% upon the excess of 500,000
1,000,001 - 1,500,000 187,250 + 21% upon the excess of 1,000,000
1,500,001 - 2,000,000 292,250 + 22% upon the excess of 1,500,000
2,000,001 - 2,500,000 402,250 + 23% upon the excess of 2,000,000
2,500,001 - 5,000,000 517,250 + 24% upon the excess of 2,500,000
5,000,001 - 10,000,000 1,117,250 + 24.5% upon the excess of 5,000,000
Above 10,000,001 2,342,250 + 25% upon the excess of 10,000,000
STATUTORY FILING | 2022
The employer is responsible for withholding the taxes on their employee's monthly remuneration.
Taxes are payable simultaneously with the return filing, which deadline is by the end of the following month. Submissions are done in person at the Revenue office.
SOCIAL SECURITY | 2022
Both the employer and employee contributes on a monthly basis to the National Social Security Institute (INSS). The employee contributes 3% of their Gross Salary monthly while the employer is required to contribute 8% of the employees' gross salary. The employer must withhold the contribution due from the employee monthly and submit a total of 11% to the Angolan Social Security Authority on the 10th day of the following month.
Expatriates that are included into a local payroll must register their local labour contract with the MAPTSS (Ministério da Administraҫão Pública, Trabalho e Seguranҫa Social) Expatriates are furthermore exempted from Social Security, assuming that they have a similar cover in their home country.
Residency in Angola is irrelevant for tax purposes, as the only ccriteria considered is the source of the income. Only the income earned in Angola is subject to personal income tax. However, should an employee from a foreing entity renders services in Angola for a period longer than 90 days, permanent establishment will be triggered and the foreign entity will become subject to all Angolan taxation.
Income taxes are levied on a sliding scale from 10% to 25%. The only income subject to taxation in Angola is the income sourced in Angola.
Foreign earnings are exempted from tax, unless the company has a registered entity in Angola. Self-employed workers are taxed at 15% flat. Personal Income Taxes are to be paid at the end of the following month in which the remuneration was paid.
A taxable income is calculated by deducting the Social Security contributions and the remuneration components exempted from PIT from the gross earnings.
The following payments are excluded from tax:
Social benefits paid by Social Security for mandatory social protection.
Family allowance paid by the employer up to a limit of 5% fo the employee's monthly salary.
Contributions to the Social Security.
Housing allowance up to 50% of the rent, provided that the employee files a copy of the rental agreement within 15 days of signature at the Tax Oiffice.
The maximum severance payments as per the local labour legislation made to the employees at termination of the employment contract.
Meal and transport allowances at a maximum of AKZ 30,000 paid to the employees.
Reimbursement of any business expenses incurred by the employee of all entities subject to industrial tax.
Holiday and Christmas allowances.
Your HRMS is Standard
PAYMENTS, REPORTING & FILING
Direct payment into employee bank accounts. Emailed password protected pay slips.
Payment of taxes, benefit providers and other creditors.
Filing of returns to the authorities.
Generation and filing of statutory reports.
General ledger and 100's of customisable reports.